This week was busy! We launched Endless Studio 2023.7, featuring the new Switching Shows to Different Networks functionality. Additionally, we released two hotfixes (2023.7.1 and 2023.7.2) to address urgent issues. Amidst all this, we managed to plan the next feature: introducing Show Franchises with Spin-Offs and Reboots. Lastly, we are sharing some details about our upcoming new game! 🥳
Next Time On Endless Studio…
The next feature update brings an exciting addition: the ability to kick off a fresh show as a Spin-Off from one of your current running shows, or initiate a Reboot based on a concluded old show. In both scenarios, the existing and the new shows seamlessly unite under a new Show Franchise. Plus, you'll have the flexibility to expand this franchise by adding more shows down the line.
Shows within a franchise offer multiple advantages:
- Enjoy enhanced pitching opportunities for spin-offs and reboots, as networks are more inclined to explore new additions to established franchises.
- Experience a viewership boost from successful parent and sibling shows in the franchise. Viewers of an established show are naturally more intrigued by a new, related show within the same franchise compared to an entirely fresh one.
- Benefit from cost savings by sharing resources among shows within the same franchise.
First Teaser About Our Upcoming New Game
We've been cooking up a cool new game for about a year now, and it's got that Endless Studio vibe. Think turn-based strategy meets superhero HQ management!
Here's the lowdown: You'll be in charge of a squad of superheroes and their HQ. Train 'em up, power up your base, and unlock new possibilities. Your heroes will deal with all kinds of awesome missions – fighting crime, taking down villains, and stopping disasters.
We're almost done with the basics and tweaking stuff, like adding stories and characters. At first, it's gonna be simple, but we're planning regular updates with more cool features and stories. And guess what? We want to know what you want in the game, just like we do with Endless Studio!
Stay tuned for updates – we'll be keeping you in the loop with all the juicy details! 🦸 🦹 💥
Feature Voting Status Report
Week one results for the Second Feature Voting Season are in! 🗳️ Endless Studio's top fans, who chose the Level 2 Supporter Subscription, used their power to vote to elevate the following features to the Top 5:
- Critics & Awards: 88 votes
- Planned Show Ending: 86 votes
- Managing Your Own Network: 44 votes
- Talent Contracts: 16 votes
- More Talent Variety: 12 votes
Critics & Award soared to the top swiftly, but its true endurance will unfold in the upcoming weeks, especially with Planned Show Endings following closely on its heels!
If you haven't already, consider subscribing or upgrading to the Level 2 Supporter Subscription to ensure your voice is heard! Voting will conclude with the next update, at which point we'll announce a winner and start a new voting season.
That's it for now, have a great weekend and fun building your studios! We’ll keep you updated on all developments, so stay tuned! 📺